Thursday 22 March 2012

Obtaining Ugandan Visa verses UK, Germany & USA


I am a Tour Manager at African Pearl Safaris Uganda, last year my company selected me to participate in International trade fairs including World Travel Market in UK, ITB in Germany, and INDABA in South Africa among others.
Most companies in Uganda are inbound operators and only survive on tourists from Europe, Benelux region, Scandinavia and of recent South Africa so this is the best strategy for business to business winning in today’s competitive world in tourism industry and the main generating regions for Uganda.

Participating in these trade fairs, one needs a Visa that permits you entry to either countries or normally invitation letters are provided by the organizers of these fairs but seems they are never considered at all.

I always present my application well with evidence of company sponsorship and guarantee that after the fair, I will be able to return for work but unfortunately, I have been denied visas twice. I always present an Invitation letter, Company introduction letter, Company bank statement as proof of sponsorship, My personal bank statement, Introduction letter from UTB a respected institution that makes these arrangement on behalf of Tour operators in Uganda, Certificate of Incorporation for the company, TIN Number always requested to mention but a few but never worked and the company always incurs huge losses in US$.


First, UK visa last November for WTM and this March for ITB Germany reasons being low salary scale when exchange to British pounds and the return date was not ascertained before the expiry of my visa respectively

Compared to our fellow visitors, investors among other Non foreign residents in Uganda, we pay almost 4 times for the visa in either countries than they do and they obtain their visas on arrival at Entebbe entry point with ease. Why isn’t this the case for business genuine Ugandan visitors that travel for Travel fairs to their countries????.


 Why should it be easy to get a Ugandan Visa but choking getting UK, Germany & USA visas? I love my country and would not wish to travel besides on company duties





1 comment:

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. VS visum online

    ReplyDelete